So a couple of months ago me and I think pretty much every else in the world got ourselves incredible addicted to Serial, a podcast that documented the murder trial of Hae Min Lee. I've always been oddly interest in Crimewatch and True Crime Dramas on Television and when 'How to Make of Murder' made it's way onto Netflix it didn't take long for me to become addicted. So as a result I've since become addicted to Podcasts too, and I'm finding it's a great alternative to reading, listening to the radio or playing playlists on iTunes etc.
As a result of my new found love of podcasts and just how addictive they can be I've decided to share a couple of new True Crime Podcasts that I have lined up for my eager ears over the Summer months, and hopefully you'll all be able to recommend some more, so here goes:
01. Serial: Season Two. Since completely surprising myself with how much I got into Serial: Season One and the case around the murder of Hae Min Lee and the trial of Adnan Syed I have started listening to Serial: Season Two, admittedly I need to catch up with this again as it's been a while but I really enjoy the angle that Serial take on their representation of True Crimes. Season Two reports the case of an American Soldier who was held for five years by the Taliban and then arrested for desertion. I'm keen to find out where this one is going and get the end before I go away at the weekend.
02. Casefile: A True Crime Podcast. Casefile is a relatively new podcast which covered lots of different True Crime Stories as opposed to following one story over a series of time. I don't know if I'll prefer this format or actually find it harder to get into.
03. Unsolved: A murdered Teen, a 40 year mystery. Unsolved is said to be most similar to Serial Podcast which is why I think I will instantly love this one. I really enjoyed the format of Serial and I think this structure works really well. This podcast is said to cover a lot about the Police Investigation which I know I will find really interesting.
04. Undisclosed: The State vs. Adnan Syed. This is an interesting one which I'm keen to listen to as it takes on a different angle to Serial Season One. This apparently shows a bias view of the trial of Adnan Syed, but as I feel like I already have a little background knowledge on the case I'm really keen to hear this perspective.
05. 48 Hours. 48 hours is an American True Crime drama that's supposedly like American TV. It covers a different story each week so I feel like this one takes on a different approach to many of the others which work in the form of a series. I'm really excited to see what I think of this as I'm not the biggest lover of truly American TV, but I do love True Crime so I don't know quite where I will sit on this.
Have you listened to any of these podcasts, or do you have any others that you would recommend for me to try out over the summer?